Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Peanut Butter Cookies (With Optional Bacon Bits)
There’s nothing quite like the joy that is a perfect peanut butter cookie. Cannabis consumers appreciate the beauty of rich, nutty, sugary goodness as much as anyone – and perhaps far more so when the cookie is infused.
These cookies are everything an exceptional peanut butter cookie should be: soft, sweet, salty, decadent – and medicated. You’ll hardly notice the flavor of the THC, but you’ll feel its effects soon enough. Enjoy!
Cannabis-Infused Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Yield: 24 cookies
1 C crunchy peanut butter
½ t baking powder
Additional sea salt and white sugar to finish
Optional: ½ C bacon bits (and in case you want to kick up the potency, we’ll just leave this infused bacon recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat cannabutter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla together until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated. Add the bacon bits at this time, if using.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonful onto the greased baking sheet. Using a fork with long tines, press each dough ball twice with the fork to flatten, creating a cross pattern on the top of each cookie. Sprinkle a mixture of one part sea salt and two parts sugar lightly over the tops of the cookies.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookie tops begin to crack. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky ( click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.There's nothing quite like the joy that is a perfect peanut butter cookie, unless it's a peanut butter cookie that's infused with cannabis.
Cannabis Cookies: Recipe for Pot Peanut Butter Cookies
By Cheri Sicard
A reader recently asked if I had a peanut butter cookies recipe. I could not believe I had never published one before.
In most cases I favor all-natural peanut butter, you know the kind that usually has a thick layer of oil on top and is made from just peanuts and salt. However, all-natural peanut butter does NOT make the best peanut butter cookies! They come out kind of grainy and dry (as I learned the hard way). So, for this recipe, I recommend something like Jif or Skippy. Either creamy or crunchy style will do, as to your preference for chunks or no chunks.
I use marijuana-infused butter to medicate this recipe. My How to Make Cannabis Butter tutorial will teach you how to make it.
Chilling the dough before baking helps keep the cookies from spreading out too much, although if you are impatient, you can skip this step, but expect thinner cookies.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
For hot medicated cookies anytime, freeze individual unbaked cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer container or bag. Whenever you want a medicated treat, remove however many cookies you want at a time and bake according to recipe instructions, adding a minute or two to the baking time.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per cookie IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).Cannabis Cookies: Pot Peanut Butter Cookies. Easy to make recipe for cannabis infused classic peanut butter cookies. Freezer friendly! ]]>