How To Make Delicious Cannabis Smoothies
Smoking cannabis can be pleasurable and eating baked goods with all kinds of “special ingredients” is always a considerable option when aiming for an incredible high. Try smoothies this time!
If you are tired of smoking for some reason or just want to try something new, you might be interested in a recipe to make highly potent cannabis smoothies. Regular self-made smoothies are already pretty awesome without THC and CBD in it but why be satisfied with a product that can potentially be so much better when looking at it from a stoner perspective?
It’s relatively fast and easy to make cannabis infused smoothies. This blog will give you a detailed recipe as well as some ideas of how to customize it in order to get satisfying results.
PREPARATION: BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED AND WANT
Let’s start off with obligatory ingredients you need as a basis to create the smoothie itself. You can always fallow your own recipe if you want to. The part that really matters is the process of getting THC and CBD from your buds into a carrier material that will later spice up your drink.
Here is a short list of basic ingredients to follow this particular recipe for two servings:
- 500ml of milk (customize: almond milk, organic, lactose-free or whatever you like)
- 150ml whipping cream (liquid)
- 3-4 table spoons of honey (can be substituted by cane sugar for example)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (fresh vanilla is always nice but not necessary)
- Your favourite fruit: Bananas and Strawberries, Mangos and Kiwis, Blueberries etc.
- Be creative when buying your fruit, pick either just one type of fruit or try to find a nice match like Banana-Strawberry for example. Organically grown are usually the best!
WHAT ABOUT THE WEED? THAT STUFF IS IMPORTANT, TOO, RIGHT?
Exactly! Now it’s time to see if there is anything left from last harvest or to find out what the supply situation in terms of weed is at the moment. You don’t need a whole lot to achieve a decent potency. It’s more important to find a good way to get the THC and CBD from your buds into your smoothie, without having to chew on calyxes and leaves all the time. You need a carrier material. The most obvious is butter. You can follow the link to a recipe for producing very potent cannabutter below this blog. The other option is to just follow the following method with milk and cream.
- You take about 1-4g of dank bud and grind it all up.
- You mix the milk with the cream and heat this mixture to a temperature of 60-70°C. The cream is important because the stuff we desire likes to bond with fat. Milk alone only has a few percentages of it. Keeping temperatures down is an absolute must because the milk should never reach the state of boiling. It’s more a low simmering we aim for.
- Now happily sprinkle these wonderful herbs in your milk-cream mix and carefully heat it up to a low temperature. You need to get a feeling for the right temperature. Keep in mind that high temperatures can potentially lead to a product that is less potent due to the destruction of THC and CBD molecules. Seeing tiny bubbles at the surface, not meaning the ones from boiling is always a good sign. Let it simmer for at least 60 minutes. To be honest, it’s always best to invest a little more time when infusing carrier materials with THC. Rather do this with a relaxed attitude of a Celtic druid instead of a rushing through this important step. If you want HIGH quality, you will get HIGH quality.
- The colour of your mixture will change over time and you will most likely recognize the point when you think the heating process was long enough. Anything between 60 minutes and 8 hours of low simmering will ensure that THC and CBD will enter your milk. You don’t need the remaining parts of the bud anymore and therefore need to filter your milk-cream-cannabis mix to separate the liquid material from the solid. Let it cool down. The weed infusing process in now completed.
MAKE THE ACTUAL SMOOTHIE TO FINALLY GET HIGH
The important step of getting THC into the milk was successfully completed and now it’s time to be a little more creative again. It’s actually pretty easy: Put all of your desired ingredients into a blender, add some ice, and then get stoned! Have fun sippin’ on some of the finest drinks of the modern world: Fruit-Canna-Smoothies. Don’t drink and drive!
Read more about the latest hype in cannabis infused foods: Fruit-Canna-Smoothies. Delicious, relatively healthy, and a good way to consume some dank bud!
Follow the latest topics related to Marijuana here. We’re a great source of information. Explore articles of interest.
4 Awesome Medical Marijuana Smoothie Recipes
Juicing is EVERYWHERE in California these days. From the yoga worshipping goddesses of Los Angeles to the hippies of San Francisco, everyone is getting in on the not so faddish health-fad that is revolutionizing the way we consume our healthy greens. Whilst most California medical marijuana card holders know the many benefits of juicing your MMJ , we dare you to go one step further and enjoy all the benefits of juicing with the added deliciousness of a smoothie.
Like juicing, making a smoothie with your medical marijuana has many benefits over smoking/vaping/tincturing. The main benefit you’ll experience using this method is that by keeping your MMJ raw, you’ll avoid any psychoactive effects that only occur when it is heated – a big plus for those medical marijuana card holders who want to consume their cannabis without the dazed side-effect.
In addition to this, by consuming your MMJ in delicious smoothie form, you’re leaving all the good, medicinal properties of the plant totally unharmed by heat meaning you can benefit from its power completely, with no important nutrients burned out.
To get started on your new gastronomical adventure, all you need is a blender, some ingredients and your California medical marijuana ID card! Here’s our pick of the 4 most awesomely delicious MMJ smoothies that you can make yourself at home.
Start off your day right with the ultimate medical marijuana breakfast smoothie
Who needs to smoke medical marijuana when you can make a delicious smoothie?
This recipe is perfect to start off your day. The mixture of ultra-healthy kale with cucumber, cantaloupe and banana will mask the weed taste of the smoothie with delicious fruity goodness to get your body moving first thing in the morning.
- ¼ cup organic hemp milk
- ½ Tbsp. organic hemp seeds
- ½ tsp organic flax seeds
- ¼ cup organic green kale
- ¼ cup organic cucumber
- 1 slice organic cantaloupe
- ½ banana
- Fresh raw cannabis (about ¼ cup)
Blend all ingredients except the cannabis until completely mixed. Add your cannabis at the end and blend on pulse until optimum consistency is achieved.
Treat yourself with a Pear, Sweet Potato and MMJ smoothie for lunch
Pick your favorite fruit and build an MMJ smoothie around it!
Smoothies act as the perfect meal substitute for those of us looking to stay away from greasy, unhealthy lunch staples like burgers or burritos. When the mid-day cravings start to niggle at you, grab your blender and opt for this ultimate hunger buster instead.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 pears
- 2 cups orange juice
- Water as desired
- Fresh raw cannabis (about ½ cup)
First, dice your sweet potatoes and pears. Then blend these two ingredients well followed by the orange juice. Finally, add your cannabis and water as desired.
Beat the afternoon slump with a banana, blueberry and MMJ smoothie
Combine medical marijuana with fresh fruit and milk: beautiful!
As fruits are naturally low in sodium, fat and calories and high in nutrients, this smoothie is particularly super-human when it comes to giving your body a much needed mid-afternoon boost. The hemp and flax seed add some extra protein and healthy omegas whilst the fruits and MMJ boost you full of medicinal goodness, alleviating your symptoms and tasting delicious!
- 1 banana
- 2 large strawberries
- ½ cup whole blueberries
- ½ cup regular almond milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp. chia seed
- 1 tbsp. flax seed
- 1 tbsp. hemp seed
- Fresh raw cannabis (about ½ cup)
Blend all ingredients except for the MMJ, only throwing this in at the end so as to avoid heating it with the blade.
Indulge in a luxurious peanut butter, banana and MMJ smoothie
PB & J? Nah, try PB & MMJ!
Probably the most mouth-wateringly delectable smoothie on the list is the holy-trinity unifying peanut butter, banana and MMJ smoothie. This is the perfect end of day treat that is sure to leave you with a full stomach and a soothed body.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 2 scoops of ice cream
- 2 cups of milk
- Fresh raw cannabis (about ½ cup)
If you’re allergic to peanuts, opt for some equally delicious almond butter instead. Blend all ingredients to completion only adding the MMJ at the very end until optimum consistency is reached. Add ice cubes if desired.
Please note that if you’re using your MMJ card to treat cancer, or any other sugar-feeding disease, it’s advisable that you consult your physician on exactly what you can put into your smoothies as certain fruits can be high in sugar and thusly can exacerbate your condition.
Remember, as your blender blends it releases heat so you need to keep your medical marijuana as far away from the blade as possible. The best way to do this is to blend all your other ingredients completely first, then add your MMJ and blend on pulse until you get the consistency you want.
In order to benefit the most from your medical marijuana smoothies, Dr William Courtney, founder of the Cannabis International Foundation (CIF), recommends splitting them up into smaller portions that can be consumed during the day at your leisure. As drinking a smoothie is much more discreet than other MMJ consumption methods such as smoking or vaping, they’re easier to consume at work, on the go, or wherever else you may need them. Tasty and undetectable?! We like the sound of that!
Even if you get stopped in your car by an overzealous cop, you’re not going to get in trouble for having a smoothie with you, especially if you have your cannabis card to hand.
Although making medical marijuana smoothies can seem like a bit of a nut-job idea at first, once you start you’ll understand why 420 card holders all over California are now reaching for the blender instead of the joint – you’ll just wish you started sooner!
Developing Top Quality Mobile Apps for The Best Brands in The World