8 Easy Ways to Intensify Your Cannabis High
Drinkers rarely get higher on one bourbon rather than another brand. Still, the experience ages toward boredom without some change or variety. Trying something top shelf or switching to rye might perk up the experience.
Sticking with the “same old-same old” with cannabis will reduce your high or your perceived high. If you’ve been a cannabis user for some time, you appreciate the value of changing strains and habits. But, novices should consider their options for keeping their experience enjoyable.
8 Easy Ways to Intensify Your Cannabis High
1. Eat a mango every day. Mangoes are a miracle food. Loaded with antioxidants, mangoes reputedly fight occurrences of breast, colon, leukemia, and prostate cancers. Enzymes also smooth skin and treat digestive problems.
Less well known, mangoes will strengthen and lengthen your cannabis high. Myrcene and terpenes produce the fragrance of fresh mango and enter the bloodstream immediately on consumption. When you’re smoking cannabis, the terpenes will trigger the THC whether you have your mango before or after the smoke. Best advice is to eat your mango an hour or two before.
2. Make munchies fishy. Writing in Forbes, David DiSalvo quotes the leader of a University of Illinois study: “the endocannabinoids our bodies produce from omega-3 fatty acids found in foods like fish, eggs, and nuts bind to the same receptors in our immune system as cannabinoids in marijuana, and both trigger an anti-inflammatory response.”
The findings suggest that omega-4 fatty acids reduce inflammation. So, if you have eaten fish, eggs, or nuts before or during your cannabis use, you enhance the impact of THC which also reduces inflammation.
3. It’s tea time. A nice soothing brewed cup of green or black tea is loaded with flavonoids and relaxation. Flavonoids are antioxidants with different chemistry than those usually found in fruits and vegetables.
When the tea does its thing relaxing you and reducing inflammation, it also relieves the cannabis to do other things. As the tea opens pathways, the cannabinoids have a more direct route to producing their effects stronger and longer.
4. Buy it right. Your choice of strain has a key role in boosting your high. It may take some trial and error, but your cannabis with a significant amount of THC. Some medical marijuana and edibles are purposely low in THC.
Indica content will help medical problems and relax you if that’s what you’re looking for. But, the Sativa content should boost and energize. So, over time, you should explore strains with different THC: CBD ratios until you find the effect you want.
5. Smoke it right. If you work harder at preparing your smoke, you can put more effort into a stronger high.
Well-ground or carefully-cut weed will expose more surface. With more surface, it burns more evenly. Then, you can roll your joint without seeds or stems.
6. Eat your way high. It takes a while for edibles to take effect. And, you are not advised to increase your intake. But, you can purchase edibles with a stronger THC potency than usual.
The edible high lasts longer because of the way it is metabolized. Julia Wright at Civilized cautions, “Edibles aficionados know to expect different effects from gummies, elixirs, and baked goods – even when they purportedly contain the same THC content.” So, you should proceed with caution to find the taste and dosing right for you.
7. Take a break. Your cannabis experience may level off after you have been using for a while. When you reach this level of tolerance, you can up the ante with a stronger strain.
Or, you can stop using for a while. Taking a break from smoking or eating will let your system re-establish itself. When you return to cannabis after some time off, you should find your regular stuff is refreshingly new.
8. Try something different. Anything will get old with time. So, you might change your pace. You might pay more attention to your smoking. If you hold the inhale longer, it should increase your rush. And, you must learn to savor what you have instead of smoking it to the quick.
But, you should also consider breaking up your regular smoke with something different. If you prefer the pipe, you might switch to a joint or bong for a few hits. You can consume edibles, dab concentrate, or vape. The idea is just to break up the monotony.
The best way yet
The easiest and smartest way to intensify your cannabis high is to be moderate in your use. Heavy and chronic use will dull or kill the flavor, aroma, and effects.
Some people suggest drinking beer with a toke; certainly, that has been a combination for many young people. Beer will relax and reduce anxiety making room for the THC to do its thing. But, these are inebriants, so you would do better with mangoes and tea.
Others suggest exercising vigorously before or after smoking. The exercise will boost the circulation allowing the cannabis to work even faster. But, that just seems counter-productive.
But, as an overall piece of advice, you would be smart to take a cannabis break with some regularity. If you are a chronic and heavy user, you may have some dependency patterns. If you find yourself increasing your dose or frequency, you may be feeding a dark pool.
So, for many reasons, creativity among them, you might keep a journal of your cannabis experience. It would encourage you to report and analyze the circumstances of the event. You might record the time of day, strain, method, and the social situation. Then, you describe the effect, the high, and the duration.
With an analysis of your own experience in hand, you can shop better and smarter.
Recreational and Medical Marijuana News, Articles and Information: 8 Easy Ways to Intensify Your Cannabis High
7 Tips to Make Your High Last Longer
If you’ve ever wondered how to make your high more intense, this list is exactly what you’ve been looking for. Especially if you’re an experienced consumer with a higher tolerance, getting high can become increasingly difficult over time. Fortunately for you, we know how to get the most out of your high and push your experience to the next level. Several of these suggestions on how to get higher are tried-and-true, while others might surprise you.
Eat A Couple Mangoes
Several studies over the last few years have verified that eating mangoes will enhance your high. Mangoes are rich with myrcene terpenes, a chemical compound also found in cannabis. All you have to do is eat one or two of these delicious fruits before you smoke (roughly one hour beforehand). The terpenes from the mangoes will interact with THC from the weed to elevate the intensity and duration of your high. Not only is it cheap to use fruit to get you higher, but it also tastes good. This solution is a definite win-win (unless you hate mangoes, of course).
Snack on Some Nuts
While not quite effective as mangoes, nuts offer another easy answer for how to increase your high. The next time you toke up, grab a bag of nuts and snack on them throughout the duration of your high. Nuts are a natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are thought to promote the growth of cannabinoid receptors. After eating nuts while high, you’ll notice an increased, soothing intensity along with a longer duration. Cashews, walnuts and almonds are some of our favorites, and they just so happen to have more fatty acids than other types of nuts. Some studies suggest an uptick in your fatty acid intake only increases the intensity and duration of your highs for about a week, so know that this probably isn’t a permanent solution. But hey, even if they aren’t an answer for how to get more high from marijuana, nuts are still a great snack for when those munchies hit.
Sip On Some Tea
Along with being soothing and delicious, a hot cup of tea could be your answer for how to get really high. Tea contains antioxidants that bind to cannabinoid receptors in our endocannabinoid system, which leads to an improved mood and higher relaxation levels. All you have to do is sip on tea while you partake in your favorite cannabis product and let the entourage effect stimulate your high in a new way. This option is ideal for people looking to enjoy a more relaxing, mellow high.
Get Up and Exercise
It might sound counterintuitive, but exercise may be one of the most effective keys to learning how to make your high last longer. There aren’t many studies related to this solution, but a growing community of people are suggesting that marijuana and exercise should absolutely go hand in hand. Running and other endurance sports often provide people with increased endorphins, decreased pain and higher levels of energy, a phenomenon called the “runner’s high.” Recent research suggests this may be the product of our endocannabinoid system, the same system effected when you smoke weed. So, if you’re looking for new ways to enjoy your high, try combining it with a run. Get out there, break the mold and try combining your high with a good old-fashioned runner’s high.
If you’re wondering “what can make me higher” and have the space available, you might consider hotboxing. This incredibly efficient method of smoking simply requires a closed-off room and some quality ganja. Seal yourself (and a few friends) off in a small room or inside a car and simply smoke. Without any ventilation, smoke will continue to fill the space until every breath you take provides a small dose of THC. From then on, all you’ve got to do is breathe. For the most iconic ambiance and heaviest smoke cloud, go with a classic joint or blunt. Another option is to dab, which will create a more concentrated smoke.
Have a Few Beers
Of course, we couldn’t make this list without giving you the classic crossfade option, since many of us have probably already figured this out from personal experiences. If you’re looking for how to get high faster, drinking a couple beers, then smoke weed will usually do the trick. Although we do not recommend doing so (unless you fully understand what to expect), consuming in this specific order (alcohol then weed) will intensify your high. Studies show that alcohol increases THC absorption, which means a stronger high from less weed. Again, combining alcohol and weed can cause intense effects that you may not want, so be mindful of this.
Mix Up How You Smoke
If you’re at the point where you can’t get high like before, it might simply be time to mix things up. The best way to smoke weed to get the highest may be different from your standard routine. As you well know, there are plenty of different ways to smoke and ingest marijuana, but not all of them offer the same types of high. Try considering one of these options:
- Pipes – Quick and easy to use, pipes offer a filter free method that don’t trap as much THC as other smoking devices may.
- Edibles – Less THC is generally consumed and it takes longer for the effects to hit, but you’re more likely to stay high for a longer period of time.
- Dabbing – Although many people feel intimidated by this method, dabbing concentrates allows you to consume high doses of THC with less product. It’s not recommended for beginners, but is very easy to learn!
- Vapes – Easy to take most anywhere and simple to use, vapes offer the best method for continuous smoking over a long period of time.
- Gravity Bongs – This method forces a heavy concentration of THC-filled smoke into your lungs, which means you’re much more likely to get really high. Heads up, though – a gravity bong high can be downright overwhelming.
In addition to changing up how you smoke, also consider what type of weed your smoking. Different strains offer different highs. Check out our website to look for local dispensaries near you. A professional budtender you can trust will be the best person to help answer how to make your weed stronger and your high more intense.
Do you have any great tips on how to get higher? Share it with us in the comments below!
If you’ve ever wondered how to make your high more intense, this list is exactly what you’ve been looking for. Especially if you’re an experienced consumer with a higher tolerance, getting high can become increasingly difficult over time. Fortunately for you, we know how to get the most out of your high and push your experience to the next level. S