The Flyinium Z (Japanese: ヒコウＺ Flying Z) is a type of Z-Crystal introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. It is the type-specific Z-Crystal associated with the Flying type and allows Pokémon to upgrade their Flying-type moves to Z-Moves.
- 1 In the core series games
- 1.1 Price
- 1.2 Effect
- 1.2.1 Bag item
- 1.2.2 Held item
- 188.8.131.52 In battle
- 184.108.40.206 Outside of battle
- 1.3 Description
- 1.3.1 Bag item
- 1.3.2 Held item
- 1.4 Acquisition
- 2 In the anime
- 3 In the TCG
- 4 In other languages
- 5 External links
In the core series games
Can create Flyinium Z held items for the player’s Pokémon.
Allows the holder to upgrade its Flying-type damaging moves to the Z-Move Supersonic Skystrike or upgrade its Flying-type status moves into Z-Moves.
Unaffected by item negating effects (such as Embargo and Klutz). Item manipulating effects (such as Trick and Fling) cannot remove a Z-Crystal from a Pokémon.
Multitype changes an Arceus holding this item to its Flying-type form. Rayquaza cannot Mega Evolve if it holds a Z-Crystal.
Outside of battle
A held Flyinium Z is automatically removed if the Pokémon is traded between players.
Multitype changes an Arceus holding this item to its Flying-type form.
In the anime
A Flyinium Z appeared in Run, Heroes, Run!, where Kiawe received it from Tapu Fini as a reward for clearing the trial the guardian deity had set up for him. Kiawe then proceeded to perform Supersonic Skystrike with his Charizard.
A full set of type-specific Z-Crystals, including the Flyinium Z, appeared in A Grand Debut!, where Hapu allowed Ash to choose his grand trial prize from them.
A Flyinium Z appeared in Beauty is Only Crystal Deep!, where it was one of the Z-Crystals stolen by a Pheromosa.
A full set of replicas of the type-specific Z-Crystals, including the Flyinium Z, appeared in A Team-on-Team Tussle!, where they were shown to Ash and his classmates by Professor Kukui.
In the TCG
The following is a list of cards named or including Flyinium Z.
Flyinium Z The Flyinium Z (Japanese: ヒコウＺ Flying Z ) is a type of Z-Crystal introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. It is the type-specific Z-Crystal associated with the Flying type and allows
A Z-Crystal (Japanese: Ｚ クリスタル Z-Crystal) is an item required to upgrade moves to Z-Moves through the use of a Z-Ring S M or Z-Power Ring US UM .
In the Alola region, Z-Crystals play an important role in the island challenge, as they provide proof of completing trials and grand trials, much like Gym Badges in other regions. However, not all Z-Crystals are obtained in this manner in Pokémon Sun and Moon or Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
During the game, the player can obtain Z-Crystals for their Bag, which will be stored in a dedicated Bag section. These Z-Crystals can be used to create held items of the same name at will. A held Z-Crystal is automatically removed if the Pokémon is traded between players; however, some Pokémon received from in-game trades may be holding a Z-Crystal the player already has.
Holding a Z-Crystal makes Rayquaza unable to Mega Evolve.
- 1 List of Z-Crystals
- 1.1 For each type
- 1.2 For specific Pokémon
- 2 Artwork
- 2.1 Pokémon Global Link
- 3 In the anime
- 4 In the manga
- 4.1 In the Pokémon Adventures manga
- 5 In the TCG
- 6 Trivia
- 7 In other languages
- 8 See also
List of Z-Crystals
For each type
|Buginium Z||Savage Spin-Out||Bug|
|Darkinium Z||Black Hole Eclipse||Dark|
|Dragonium Z||Devastating Drake||Dragon|
|Electrium Z||Gigavolt Havoc||Electric|
|Fairium Z||Twinkle Tackle||Fairy|
|Fightinium Z||All-Out Pummeling||Fighting|
|Firium Z||Inferno Overdrive||Fire|
|Flyinium Z||Supersonic Skystrike||Flying|
|Ghostium Z||Never-Ending Nightmare||Ghost|
|Grassium Z||Bloom Doom||Grass|
|Groundium Z||Tectonic Rage||Ground|
|Icium Z||Subzero Slammer||Ice|
|Normalium Z||Breakneck Blitz||Normal|
|Poisonium Z||Acid Downpour||Poison|
|Psychium Z||Shattered Psyche||Psychic|
|Rockium Z||Continental Crush||Rock|
|Steelium Z||Corkscrew Crash||Steel|
|Waterium Z||Hydro Vortex||Water|
For specific Pokémon
|Aloraichium Z||S M||Alolan Raichu||Thunderbolt||Stoked Sparksurfer|
|Decidium Z||S M||Decidueye||Spirit Shackle||Sinister Arrow Raid|
|Eevium Z||S M||Eevee||Last Resort||Extreme Evoboost|
|Incinium Z||S M||Incineroar||Darkest Lariat||Malicious Moonsault|
|Kommonium Z||US UM||Kommo-o||Clanging Scales||Clangorous Soulblaze|
|Lunalium Z||US UM||Lunala or Dawn Wings Necrozma||Moongeist Beam||Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom|
|Lycanium Z||US UM||Lycanroc||Stone Edge||Splintered Stormshards|
|Marshadium Z||S M||Marshadow||Spectral Thief||Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike|
|Mewnium Z||S M||Mew||Psychic||Genesis Supernova|
|Mimikium Z||US UM||Mimikyu||Play Rough||Let’s Snuggle Forever|
|Pikanium Z||S M||Pikachu (Normal form)||Volt Tackle||Catastropika|
|Pikashunium Z||S M||Pikachu (Pikachu in a cap)||Thunderbolt||10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt|
|Primarium Z||S M||Primarina||Sparkling Aria||Oceanic Operetta|
|Snorlium Z||S M||Snorlax||Giga Impact||Pulverizing Pancake|
|Solganium Z||US UM||Solgaleo or Dusk Mane Necrozma||Sunsteel Strike||Searing Sunraze Smash|
|Tapunium Z||S M||Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, or Tapu Fini||Nature’s Madness||Guardian of Alola|
|Ultranecrozium Z||US UM||Ultra Necrozma||Photon Geyser||Light That Burns the Sky|
Pokémon Global Link
This is the artwork of the Z-Crystals on the Pokémon Global Link:
In the anime
Z-Crystals first appeared in Alola to New Adventure!, where a Firium Z appeared on Kiawe’s Z-Ring. He obtained it by completing Olivia’s grand trial. Later in the same episode, Ash received an Electrium Z with his Z-Ring, from Tapu Koko. However, in the following episode, it shattered after Ash performed Gigavolt Havoc with Pikachu.
As revealed in To Top a Totem!, the island challenge is one way of obtaining Z-Crystals, though it is not necessarily the only way a Trainer can obtain them. Ash’s goal in Alola is to complete the island challenge and collect the Z-Crystals in order to prove himself worthy of the power of Z-Moves.
- Ash obtained a Normalium Z from a TotemGumshoos after completing the Verdant Cavern trial in To Top a Totem!. He first used it to use Breakneck Blitz in Trial and Tribulation!, together with Pikachu.
- Hala used his Fightinium Z with his Hariyama in his grand trial challenge with Ash in Trial and Tribulation!. Later in the episode, Ash obtained another Electrium Z from Tapu Koko after it swapped the Fightinium Z he was supposed to receive from Hala as a reward for completing his Melemele grand trial.
- Team Rocket obtained a Darkinium Z in A Team-on-Team Tussle!, which some Team Skull Grunts also tried to obtain from a nest of AlolanRattata and Raticate, with one of the Raticate being a Totem Pokémon.
- Gladion used his Rockium Z with his Lycanroc to defeat Team Rocket in A Glaring Rivalry!. He obtained it by completing Olivia’s grand trial prior to the episode.
- Oluolu, a famous Pokémon Base player, used his Snorlium Z in Pulling Out the Pokémon Base Pepper!.
- Olivia was revealed to own a Rockium Z in The Island Whisperer!.
- Lana was given a Waterium Z from a Totem Wishiwashi after completing the Brooklet Hill trial in Big Sky, Small Fry!.
- Ash obtained a Grassium Z from a Totem Lurantis after completing the Lush Jungle trial in Currying Favor and Flavor!.
- Ash obtained a Rockium Z from Olivia after completing the Akala Island grand trial in Trials and Determinations!.
- Ida used her Waterium Z in Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!.
- Ash obtained a Solganium Z from Nebby after it evolved into Solgaleo in Revealing the Stuff of Legend!.
- Ash gained the ability to temporarily transform his Electrium Z into a Pikashunium Z in 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!, thus allowing Ash to use the Z-Move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Each time its respective Z-Move is used, the Pikashunium Z reverts to an Electrium Z. After From Z to Shining Z!, it permanently stayed as a Pikashunium Z.
- The Masked Royal used his Incinium Z in Pushing the Fiery Envelope!.
- Ilima received an Eevium Z from Kagetora after defeating him in a battle in Turning Heads and Training Hard!.
- Jessie obtained a Mimikium Z from Acerola’s Mimikyu, Mimikins, in Why Not Give Me a Z-Ring Sometime?.
- Ash obtained a Lycanium Z from Nanu after completing the Ula’ula Island grand trial in Guiding an Awakening!.
- Lillie received an Icium Z from an Alolan Sandslash after helping it to defeat a Tyranitar in Not Caving Under Pressure!.
- Gladion used his Normalium Z with his Silvally to give Z-Power to Necrozma in an attempt to free Nebby from its absorption in The Prism Between Light and Darkness!.
- Gladion obtained a Lunalium Z from Lunala in Securing the Future!.
- Pikala used her Pikanium Z in A Plethora of Pikachu!.
- Hapu was revealed to own a Groundium Z in That’s Some Spicy Island Research!.
- Gladion used his Dragonium Z in Showdown on Poni Island!.
- Ida used her Primarium Z in Evolving Research!. She later gave it to Lana.
- Kiawe received a Flyinium Z from Tapu Fini in Run, Heroes, Run! after clearing a trial it had set up for him.
- Ash obtained a Steelium Z from Hapu in A Grand Debut!, with his Pikachu picking it as his Poni Island grand trial prize from a full set of type-specific Z-Crystals.
- A Buginium Z, Fairium Z, Ghostium Z, and Poisonium Z appeared in Beauty is Only Crystal Deep! as Z-Crystals stolen by a Pheromosa.
- Sophocles received a Buginium Z as a prize for winning the Vikavolt race in A High-Speed Awakening!.
- Mallow received a Grassium Z from Tapu Koko in A Recipe for Success! after she cleared a trial set up by Oranguru.
- Professor Kukui was revealed to have owned a Firium Z since he was a child in A Timeless Encounter!. In the same episode, Ash also received a Firium Z from a Totem Trevenant.
- Hau was revealed to have obtained a Decidium Z in Imitation Is the Sincerest Form of Strategy!.
- Gladion used a Ghostium Z in Enter the Champion!.
- Professor Kukui was revealed to own an Electrium Z in Z-Move Showdown!.
- Professor Kukui received a Tapunium Z from Tapu Koko in From Z to Shining Z!.
A full set of replicas of the type-specific Z-Crystals were also shown to Ash and his classmates by Professor Kukui in A Team-on-Team Tussle!.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In Pokémon Move Specialist Professor Kukui, Olivia and Nanu attempted to use their respective Z-Crystals, Rockium Z and Darkinium Z, to perform their Z-Moves against each other during a practice battle between their Lycanroc and Alolan Persian. However, Hala interrupted the battle before either move could be properly executed. In the same round, Hala was also shown being in possession of a Fightinium Z.
In Homecoming and the Brilliant Professional Golfer, Kiawe found a Firium Z hidden in the fur of Sun’s Litten, Dollar. After learning the proper Z-Move pose from Kiawe, Sun was successfully able to perform Inferno Overdrive with Dollar during a battle with Gladion.
In PASM32, Kahili was revealed to have spent six months gathering a multitude of Z-Crystals. In the same round, Hau was revealed to have obtained a Primarium Z.
In the TCG
This listing is of cards featuring Z-Crystals in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
Z-Crystal A Z-Crystal (Japanese: Ｚ クリスタル Z-Crystal ) is an item required to upgrade moves to Z-Moves through the use of a Z-Ring S M or Z-Power Ring US UM . In the Alola region,